Environmental Services Division
The Environmental Services Division proactively works to address environmental management concerns. Therefore, the Division commits a portion of its time, energy, and finances to conducting outreach and education within the community.
Environmental Services prioritizes environmental issues impacting our community for outreach and education. Priorities include: Solid Waste, Recycling, Water Quality (i.e. stormwater, pretreatment, & drinking water), Air Quality, as well as, any mandated requirements. Environmental outreach and education initiatives are performed in response to initiatives, citizen concerns, requests, and/or directives.
Environmental outreach and education initiatives may include, but may not be limited to:
- Going door to door in our community to distribute information
- Presentations to schools, civic clubs and other groups
- Press releases and articles
- Newsletters & eNews
- Utility Bill inserts
- Participation with community Festivals and Events
- Preparing educational handouts, flyers, and brochures