GPL ADULT Volunteers
Interested in Becoming a Volunteer?
- Review our volunteer job descriptions. If you find a role you'd like to pursue, then fill out the interest form available at the Circulation Desk.
- Once received, a staff member will schedule a time for an interest interview.
- We select our volunteers based on a number of factors and you will be notified within a week if you have been selected for one of the volunteer roles you specified on your interest form.
- You will be invited to fill out a full application if you have been selected to move on to the next step.
- A background check will be conducted on all selected applicants and can take a few weeks.
- When your background check is completed, a library staff member will contact you to set up a time for training if you meet all volunteer qualifications.
We are unable to accept court-ordered community service volunteers.
GPL Volunteer Recruitment Philosophy and Process
Volunteers are recruited and selected based on their qualifications, availability and the Library’s current needs. Volunteers are required to fill out an interest form and may be interviewed by Library staff. If an individual is selected, they will be asked to fill out a full application. If a suitable volunteer placement is not available at the time of application, applications will be kept on file for one year. Applicants can reapply one year after their last submission.
Each GPL work group will identify appropriate volunteer opportunities. Job descriptions for these can be found on the Library’s web site. The need for volunteers may vary, and the existence of a job description does not guarantee that volunteer work will be available currently. The interest form and interview process helps us match volunteers to these opportunities.